Here is a recipe for Spiced Chai Breakfast Quinoa:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk (any kind will work)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer and then add it to a medium saucepan along with the water. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and let the quinoa simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is cooked.
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, cardamom, and salt. Heat the mixture over medium heat until it is hot and fragrant, but not boiling.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, stir in the milk mixture and let the quinoa sit for a few minutes to absorb the flavors. Serve the quinoa warm, topped with your favorite fruit and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.