- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup sabudana (tapioca pearls)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables (such as peas, carrots, and potatoes), diced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Rinse the quinoa and sabudana in a fine mesh strainer and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the ghee over medium heat. Add the cumin and mustard seeds and fry until they start to crackle.
- Add the green chili and mixed vegetables and fry for 2-3 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the quinoa and sabudana to the saucepan, along with the turmeric powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the water to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa and sabudana are cooked and the water has been absorbed.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the khichdi sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and garnish with fresh cilantro before serving.
Enjoy your quinoa sabudana khichdi hot or cold, with yogurt or chutney on the side. This dish can be served as a breakfast, snack, or even as a main meal.