- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dried yellow peas
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables (such as peas, carrots, and potatoes), diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Oil, for frying
- Rinse the quinoa and yellow peas in a fine mesh strainer and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the yellow peas and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the peas are softened.
- In a separate saucepan, bring another 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the quinoa and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the water has been absorbed.
- Once the yellow peas are cooked, add the turmeric powder and stir to combine. Using a hand blender or food processor, blend the yellow peas until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat a tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the cumin and mustard seeds and fry