- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables (such as peas, carrots, and potatoes), diced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the quinoa and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the water has been absorbed.
- In a separate pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and fry until they start to crackle.
- Add the onion, green chili, and mixed vegetables and fry for 2-3 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the pan, along with the turmeric powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes, until the quinoa is heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the fresh cilantro.
- Serve the quinoa poha hot, with yogurt or chutney on the side.
Enjoy your quinoa poha as a breakfast, snack, or light meal. This dish is a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy quinoa in a traditional Indian style.