- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup cooked and diced chicken or shrimp (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the peas and carrots and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until heated through.
- If using chicken or shrimp, add it to the skillet and cook until it is warmed through.
- Push the vegetables and protein to the sides of the skillet to make a well in the center.
- Add the beaten eggs to the center of the skillet and scramble them until they are cooked through.
- Mix the cooked quinoa into the skillet, along with the soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir to combine everything evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the quinoa fried rice hot, topped with additional soy sauce and sesame oil if desired.