- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup of red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
To make the quinoa chickpea salad, start by cooking the quinoa in a pot with the water according to the package instructions. Once the quinoa is cooked, let it cool.
In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Mix well.
Add the cooked quinoa to the bowl and mix well to combine.
Serve the quinoa chickpea salad immediately, or refrigerate it until ready to serve. You can serve it as a side dish or as a light meal on its own.