- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk and water to a boil. Add the quinoa and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the sugar and cardamom powder, and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat and let the quinoa basundi cool to room temperature.
- Once the quinoa basundi has cooled, stir in the chopped almonds and pistachios.
- Serve the quinoa basundi chilled, garnished with additional nuts and a drizzle of honey, if desired.
Enjoy your quinoa basundi as a sweet and creamy dessert. This dish is a delicious way to enjoy quinoa in a traditional Indian style.