Here is a recipe for Quinoa Banana Skillet Bake:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer and then add it to a medium saucepan along with the water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and let the quinoa simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is cooked.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a 9-inch (23-cm) skillet or baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the sliced bananas and cook for a few minutes, until they start to soften.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, sautéed bananas, chopped walnuts, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the quinoa mixture to the prepared skillet and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake the quinoa skillet bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden and crispy.
- Serve the quinoa skillet bake warm, topped with your favorite fruit and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.