Chaitra Navratri is a nine-day festival celebrated in India to worship and honor Goddess Durga. It is celebrated in the month of Chaitra, which falls in March or April. During this festival, people observe fast and eat only certain foods that are considered pure and sacred. Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with nutrients and can be an excellent addition to your Chaitra Navratri diet. In this blog, we will discuss how to include quinoa during Chaitra Navratri and the benefits of doing so.
- Quinoa Khichdi: Quinoa khichdi is a nutritious and wholesome dish that you can include in your Chaitra Navratri diet. To prepare this dish, you need to cook quinoa and moong dal in a pressure cooker with some spices and ghee. You can garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve it hot with some cucumber raita.
- Quinoa Salad: A healthy and delicious quinoa salad can be a perfect option for those who are fasting during Chaitra Navratri. You can mix cooked quinoa with some fresh vegetables like cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions. Add some lemon juice and salt to taste and mix it well. You can also add some roasted peanuts for an extra crunch.
- Quinoa Upma: Quinoa upma is a tasty and filling breakfast option that you can have during Chaitra Navratri. To prepare this dish, you need to sauté some chopped onions and green chilies in some ghee. Then, add some chopped vegetables like carrots, beans, and peas and cook for a few minutes. Add some quinoa and water and cook until the quinoa is soft and fluffy. Garnish it with some fresh coriander leaves and serve it hot.
- Quinoa Kheer: If you have a sweet tooth and want to indulge in some dessert during Chaitra Navratri, you can make quinoa kheer. To prepare this dish, you need to cook quinoa in milk with some sugar and cardamom powder. Cook it on low flame until the milk is thick and creamy. Garnish it with some chopped nuts and serve it chilled.
Benefits of Including Quinoa During Chaitra Navratri:
- Quinoa is a good source of protein and can provide you with energy during the day.
- Quinoa is gluten-free, and hence it is a perfect option for those who are allergic to gluten.
- Quinoa is rich in fiber, which can aid digestion and keep you full for a longer time.
- Quinoa is low in calories, making it an excellent option for those who are watching their weight.
- Quinoa is rich in antioxidants, which can help in reducing inflammation in the body and boosting immunity.
In conclusion, quinoa can be an excellent addition to your Chaitra Navratri diet, providing you with the necessary nutrients and energy to get through the day. You can experiment with different quinoa recipes and enjoy a healthy and delicious meal during this auspicious festival.