- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup milk (any kind will work)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped apples
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cooked quinoa, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the chopped apples.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly grease it with cooking spray or butter.
- Drop the batter by the 1/4 cupful onto the skillet, and cook the pancakes for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve the pancakes warm, topped with your favorite fruit and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.